Library Hours: The library is open from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The library remains open on all working days except Saturdays, Sundays, and College notified holidays.
The library provides different types of library services to its users. These are:
- Lending Services: Lending service is available to all the enrolled students of Arya Kanya Degree College, Teaching, Non-teaching staff members, Ph.D. Scholars of the College. All the books are normally issued for 15 days.
- Reference Services: The library has a very good collection of reference material comprising encyclopedias, dictionaries, etc. Reference and information services are provided to the members as and when requested.
- Reading Facility– Three Reading room is available. One is a small reading room for research scholars and Faculty members and two big halls are available for the students. The library is well equipped with 113 seating capacity. Staffs are available for help and to provide needed information.
- Plagiarism Detection Facility– The college library has access to Ouriginal, a plagiarism detection software, to provide a similarity check facility in the academic output (theses and research articles) of the faculties and research scholars of the college.
- Webopac & Document Delivery Services– Users can search the library collection from any device from anywhere through web OPAC (184.108.40.206/webopac ). Users can also send their requisitions on the WhatsApp library group. The indexing facility also provides by the WhatsApp group.
- Knimbus Digital Library Platform– Knimbus mLibrary is a one-stop solution with rich features to build a powerful and user-friendly digital library. It provides tools like Universal Search, Anywhere Access, Detailed Analytics, and Librarian Dashboard on a single integrated platform so that students & faculty can seamlessly access library resources anytime, anywhere, and on any device.
- Book Bank Facility: Library has a Book Bank facility, which is very much helpful in fulfilling students’ requirements. A student can get a maximum of three books at any time by paying the cost of the books. Books will be issued for a maximum of three months. Members will be responsible for any damage caused for the books. Members are advised to verify the physical condition of the books at the time of their lending. After returning the book, 10% of MRP per book will be deducted and the balance amount will be returned to the students.
- OPAC Searching: The Complete catalog of the library is available through OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue). The OPAC allows search by author, title, subject, call number, keywords, and Boolean search. The Call Number indicates the location of the book on the shelves.
- Internet Facilities: This facility can be availed by all types of library members. They can also access E-Journals, and e-books subscribed to by the Library. Users can take an e-book or articles by email or PD with the permission of the Librarian.
- E-Resources Facility: E-resources under NLIST Programme through Inflibnet are available in the library for users. The N-LIST project provides access to e-resources to students and faculty from colleges. Colleges can now access e-resources (6,000+ e-journals and 31, 35,000+ e-books) and download articles required by them directly from the publisher’s website. The password of NLIST is available at Library. Other free online resources database links are available in the website.
- Every Reader her book– According to the second rule of the Library science arrangements have been made to donate books to the needy person from the library.
Download Form for Requisition of Books